wtorek, 10 listopada 2009

Ougenweide and their Tourdion

It is obvious that one of the harshest barriers between human beings is that of language. Surprisingly, even those who, for example, are prejudiced against, let's say, Germans, may change their mind having learnt German. Immersion in a foreign culture through its language may be a good lesson for someone biased.

There's, however, a 'shorcut'. In my opinion it's definitely music. Listening to miraculous strings of sounds, regardless of the language or the culture of their origins, makes me feel really good. This stems from the universality of music. I was brought up in fear and hatred towards Germany and its inhabitants. It took me some time to overcome my bias. The piece I really recommend is Tourdion by the German group Ougenweide. They are really great and, in my opinion, their song is perfect.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz