czwartek, 6 sierpnia 2009

Are you trying really hard?

Sultry heat hovers over Białystok and it's hard to raise a finger. That's why I decided to paste in my favourite quotation from Pulp Fiction (by my favourite character, Jules Winnfield).





JULES
There's a passage I got memorized.
Ezekiel 25:17.  "The path of the                        
righteous man is beset on all sides                        
by the inequities of the selfish                        
and the tyranny of evil men.                        
Blessed is he who, in the name of                        
charity and good will, shepherds                        
the weak through the valley of the                        
darkness.  For he is truly his                        
brother's keeper and the finder of                        
lost children.                        
And I will strike down upon thee                        
with great vengeance and furious                        
anger those who attempt to poison                        
and destroy my brothers.  And you                        
will know I am the Lord when I lay                        
my vengeance upon you."  I been                        
sayin' that shit for years.  And if                        
you ever heard it, it meant your                        
ass.  I never really questioned                        
what it meant.  I thought it was                        
just a cold-blooded thing to say to                        
a motherfucker 'fore you popped a                        
cap in his ass.  But I saw some                        
shit this mornin' made me think                        
twice.  Now I'm thinkin', it could                       
 mean you're the evil man.  And I'm                        
the righteous man.  And Mr. .45                        
here, he's the shepherd protecting                        
my righteous ass in the valley of                        
darkness.  Or is could by you're                        
the righteous man and I'm the                        
shepherd and it's the world that's                        
evil and selfish.  I'd like that.                       
 But that shit ain't the truth.  The                       
 truth is you're the weak.  And I'm                        
the tyranny of evil men.  But I'm                        
tryin'.  I'm tryin' real hard to be                        
a shepherd. 

Yeah, trying, trying really hard is really something worth recommending. 

2 komentarze:

  1. Jedna z moich ulubionych scen w tym filmie zaraz po tym jak Travolta zabija przypadkiem dzieciaka w samochodzie bo wjeżdżają w dziurę i oczywiście po dialogu
    - Whose chopper is this?
    - It's Zed's
    - Who's Zed?
    - Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

    Tarantino - mistrz opowiadania niesamowitych historii. Kiedy słyszy się jakie wątki porusza w swoich filmach wydaje się, że to nic nowego. Jednak ma dar przedstawiania ich w bardzo ciekawy sposób.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Sceny zabijanych przypadkiem ludzi, a zwłaszcza dzieci specjalnie mnie nie rajcują, ale u Tarantino uwielbiam tych wszystkich psycholi, którzy gdzie mogą wstawiają intelektualne tyrady, niczym szekspirowskie monologi. Bohaterowie Tarantino to nie jacyś dranie z twarzą pokerzysty, ale właśnie tacy neurotyczni mądrale! Jules jest wielki, bo wszyscy od początku wiemy, że to po prostu morderca, ale od początku też cytuje ten fragment z Księgi Ezechiela, a na końcu pokazuje, co go męczy (co zresztą wcale nie czyni go mniej groźnym mordercą).

    OdpowiedzUsuń